Sunday, September 06, 2009

Traverse City, here we come!

So Ed and I were nervous. The last time we went on a road trip with the kids, Trudy screamed for two hours straight. Not wimpered, not cried, WAILED at the top of her lungs. She made Faye cry. It was bad.

But Ed and I are crazy, I mean dauntless, so we decided to pack 'em all up again and head to my mother's newly renovated place up in Traverse City. Oh, and did I mention that Ed drove my grandfather's RV up there? 'Cause he did. He even had to back that puppy up on the high way!!! Yeah, that's how my man ROLLS!!! Tee-hee!

Anyway, everyone did great. No crying, not even from me, and we made it there in one piece and excited about our weekend.

This is my grandfather's RV. It's big. It's hard to steer. But Ed mastered that thing. And now it's in Michigan TO STAY!




This is my mom's place at the top of the hill.




Here's the far side you can't see in the previous picture. You can kind of see the wrap around porch that lines the back part of the house.





Here are the grape vines! They do produce a small crop of grapes each year and contribute to a local winery. This year's crop went to Left Foot Charlie wine.


A close up of the grapes. They won't be ripe until Autumn.







So, as some of you know, my kids get up early. Really, really early. And wake up everyone around them. So, in an effort to get them out of the house so everyone else could sleep, we took them out to pick wildflowers for my mother's birthday.



Lenny discovered this field quad the other day and just hopped up on it. He decided it was his toy. Thank God he didn't know how to start it up or there would have been trouble!!!




Here my two trouble makers out for a joy ride.










We decided to take the kids for a walk to the alpaca farm next door. Unfortunately, next door is like three miles away. The kids did well. This is a picture of the long drive down the hill from my mom's place to the street.






And here's one of the alpaca. They're sweet, but we bored them once they realized we didn't come bearing snacks. Oh well.

No comments: