Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Vacation for Mommy

About a month ago, I got the chance to run away to DC to visit with my college girlfriends. Sans-kids and sans-husband, I actually had moments when I wasn't doing anything and it felt a little odd. However, my friends kept me busy and laughing and it was glorious celebrating my friends Sheryl and Erin's birthdays. But don't expect to see pictures from that weekend here.

Ed stayed home with the kids and from the pictures he took it looks like they spent most of their time in the forest preserve.

Here the babes are in a post bath wrestle. Not the sort of thing I encourage but I believe Ed was thinking something along the lines of "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Sorry Nietzsche!







Faye sticks close to her dad the next day at the Forest Preserve. As you can see Lenny's content to head on out.




There he is in the distance going over the log in the path.



Faye and a deer freeze and stare at each other .







Lenny leads Faye carefully down a path. "Nothing but grass on either side, Faye, so be careful!"









"Look, Daddy, a deer," Lenny says . . .







"I'll chase it away with my stick!"







"Horray, back to civilization and Cherrios!!!"










"Wow, we have sticks in our yard, too?"






And dirt.










Forest Preserve Day Two: Faye conquers the branch.









And then drags it captive behind her.










Oops, getting over this log isn't easy when you're only 2 and a half feet tall.







Easy does it . . . easy does it!







Whoo! Made it to the other side!







Lenny and Faye love the rough feeling of bark.

No comments: