Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A trip to the zoo

Yesterday I took Lenny and Faye to the zoo for the first time. My bestfriend, Paula, and I have been itching to take our kids out together all summer and while I know it's fall, we're just happy to have made this outing work. After a couple of reschedulings, we wound up getting a perfect fall day: not too warm, not too cool and plenty of sunshine. It was really a glorious day.

We went to Lincoln Park zoo, which I hadn't been to in ages and I have to say it truly is a great zoo. We paid to park ($22, ouch!) but the only other things we paid for were a couple of drinks and ice creams as the zoo allows you to bring your own lunch. So overall it wasn't too expensive (especially with two adults and four kids!). Plus they have beautiful enclosures and habitates for the animals.

As you might expect, Lenny and Faye were about as excited by the zoo as they would be by a walk around the park, but they did enjoy looking around and being outside. They were so well behaved, I'm sure Paula thinks I'm nuts when I tell her how fussy they can get. They spent the day cooing, looking around and napping. Perfect!

Plus they were so excited to be out of their car seats when we got home that evening that they played on the floor until bedtime. What great kids!

Pictures will be coming soon.

No comments: